1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a blender or food processor, combine basil leaves, vinaigrette, hot pepper sauce, ginger, sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce and process until smooth, reserve 1/2 cup dressing.
4. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and add remaining dressing. Seal bag, turn a few times and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
5. In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens, red bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes and red onion, set aside.
6. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear and it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified by an instant-read food thermometer. Remove from skillet and slice. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
7. Serve salad topped with sliced chicken and reserved dressing.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 306 (Calories from Fat: 81)
Total Fat: 9g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 18g (Fiber: 3g