Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 25-30 minutes
Dig In Magazine April/May 2018
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt; cook for 6 minutes, whisking constantly until mixture gets thicker, being careful not to scorch or burn the mixture. Add vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Evenly coat an 8x8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray and cocoa powder; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, spices, water, oil and eggs; spread half the mixture into the prepared pan. Drop a third of the caramel mixture by teaspoonfuls over batter. Gently spread remaining brownie mixture over top. Wash hands after handling raw batter.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven to wire rack and let cool.
7. Cut into 12 squares and serve with remaining caramel sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving (without additional caramel sauce) Calories: 363 (Calories from Fat: 189)
Total Fat: 21g (Saturated Fat: 5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 42g (Dietary Fiber: 0g