DirectionsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, cook bacon for 4 minutes or until it begins to brown. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw pork. Remove from pot with a slotted spoon, leaving the bacon drippings.
4. Return pot to the stove and add ground beef, sausage, onion and garlic. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw meat. Cook mixture for 8 minutes or until meat is cooked to a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
5. Stir in bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and liquid smoke and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, beans, corn and bacon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover partially and cook for 30 minutes.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 762 mg
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fiber 7 g
Sugars. 7 g
Protein 19 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more