Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 20 Minutes
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse oranges under cold running water prior to prepping.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, spices, orange peel and brown sugar. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn off heat; add tea bags and allow mixture to steep for 15 minutes. Strain into a bowl through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on tea bags to release as much liquid as possible; discard solids. Add bourbon and cream liqueur and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat add milk; heat until warm. Remove from heat and carefully froth milk using an immersion blender. Add half the milk to the tea mixture and mix well; divided between 6 glass mugs.
- Top each with a heaping spoonful of remaining frothed milk. Garnish each with a dusting of cinnamon and star anise.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!