Spaghetti Squash with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Split squash in half and scrape out seeds.
3. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Drizzle the flesh side of the spaghetti squash halves with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place, flesh side down, on baking sheet and roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until fully cooked.
4. Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
5. Using a fork, scrape the strands of squash from the inside of the skin into a large bowl, set aside and keep warm.
6. In a shaker jar with a lid, combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and remaining olive oi,; cover with lid and shake to combine. Store vinaigrette in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
7. Rinse asparagus with cold water. Snap off the bottom third of the asparagus spears, scrape off the scales with a vegetable peeler and cut into large pieces. Place spears in a large skillet and top with 1 inch of water. Lightly salt the water and bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, drain.
8. Add to bowl with spaghetti squash and toss to combine.
9. Add pine nuts and toss to combine.
10. Serve drizzled with vinaigrette and garnished with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving (with half the dressing): Calories: 160 (Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 16g (Dietary Fiber: 4g