Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 70 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
Featured In Our January 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out and discard seeds. Drizzle each half with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place, cut-side-down, on a baking sheet and bake until squash is tender, about 50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and then shred flesh with a fork. Place squash in a bowl and cover to keep warm. Discard shell.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, cheese, shallots, garlic, parsley, egg, cayenne pepper and salt; mix well. Shape mixture into meatballs and place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Wash hands after handling raw turkey and egg.
- Bake until meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 20 minutes.
- Serve meatballs on top of spaghetti squash, topped with sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org.
Calories 306, Total Fat 8g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 73mg, Sodium 365mg, Carbohydrates 36g, Fiber 7g, Sugars 16g, Protein 25g