King Arthur Flour offers quintessential ingredients for upping your baking game. Their online database of delicious recipes and tips, as well as expert insight available on their Baker’s Hotline, are invaluable resources to novice and seasoned bakers alike. This recipe featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #74 (November 16th to January 10th, 2018).
Recipe and image provided by King Arthur Flour. For holiday baking inspirations and tips from their professional bakers, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, honey, vanilla, espresso powder, butter-rum flavor (if using) and salt until smooth.
4. Beat in vinegar, egg, baking soda and baking powder.
5. Stir in flour, then chocolate chips, mixing just until combined.
6. Drop dough, by tablespoonfuls, onto prepared baking sheets. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
7. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until bottoms are barely starting to brown (gently lift one up to peek). NOTE: They may appear light and “undone”; that’s OK. To create soft cookies, you don’t want to over-bake.
8. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Repeat with remaining dough as needed.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Cookie:
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 75 mg
Carbohydrates 17 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 2 g