Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 40 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
March 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir in sugar and raisins. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
- Add buttermilk and mix until it reaches a doughy consistency.
- On a floured surface, knead dough for 5 minutes. Form into a round loaf and, using a floured knife, cut a deep cross on top of dough to keep bread from bursting during the baking process. Place on a baking sheet. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
- Bake bread until golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before slicing.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org.
Calories 118, Total Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 2 mg, Sodium 126 mg, Carbohydrates 26 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 8 g, Protein 3 g