DirectionsNote:. Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup brown sugar, thyme, salt, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger and cayenne pepper.
2. Arrange sweet potato slices in the bottom of slow cooker. Add chopped onion and sprinkle with about half the spice mixture.
3. Coat pork with remaining spice mixture. Place in slow cooker on top of vegetables. Top pork with apples, cranberries and water. Cover.
4. Cook on HIGH 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Turn heat to LOW setting. Cook 5 to 6 hours.
5. Remove pork from slow cooker. In small bowl, combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Brush over pork. Broil in oven 5 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with more glaze.
6. To serve, transfer pork to cutting board and carve crosswise into thick slices.
7. Spoon sweet potato, onion and apple mixture onto a serving platter and arrange pork slices over the top. If there’s any liquid left in the slow cooker, serve separately on the side.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!