Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 8 Hours
This is a great recipe for any family who just welcomed a new addition. Oatmeal can be prepped the night before and ready for parents to enjoy, no matter what time baby decides to wake up.
Recipe adapted from thekitchn.com
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Combine oats, quinoa, dried apricots, honey, vanilla, salt and water in a slow cooker. Stir to dissolve honey while mixing ingredients.
3. Set slow cooker on LOW setting, cover and leave overnight.
4. In the morning, or after about 8 hours, remove lid and stir to re-incorporate ingredients. Also stir in any film that has formed on top of oatmeal.
5. Ladle into bowls and top with 2 tablespoons chopped pecans. Serve with additional toppings as desired. Enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!