Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 hours
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add half of bacon to skillet and cook until lightly browned. Wash hands after handling raw bacon. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to slow cooker. Note: Do not drain the grease.
5. Return skillet to heat. Toss together stewing meat and flour to coat evenly; add to pan and brown on all sides. Wash hands after handling raw beef. Remove browned beef and add to slow cooker.
6. Add remaining bacon to skillet and cook until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, pearl onions and mushrooms to skillet. Saute 3 to 5 minutes in bacon grease, until fragrant.
7. Add to slow cooker. Deglaze pan with water and add to slow cooker.
8. Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until internal temperature of meat reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 4 to 6 hours.
9. Garnish as desired and enjoy with warm bread and a salad!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 14g
Sodium: 390 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 1g