Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 hours
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add half of bacon to skillet and cook until lightly browned. Wash hands after handling raw bacon. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to slow cooker Note: Do not drain the grease.
- Return skillet to heat. Toss together stewing meat and flour to coat evenly; add to pan and brown on all sides. Wash hands after handling raw beef. Remove browned beef and add to slow cooker.
- Add remaining bacon to skillet and cook until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, pearl onions and mushrooms to skillet. Saute 3-5 minutes in bacon grease, until fragrant.
- Add to slow cooker. Deglaze pan with water and add to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until internal temperature of meat reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
- Garnish as desired and enjoy with warm bread and a salad!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 14g
Sodium: 390 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 19g
Dietary Fiber: 1g,