Watch this recipe being prepared
You won’t need to spend your summer days over a hot stove with this delicious slow cooker pulled chicken recipe! Start it in the morning and enjoy your day while the aromas of this meal fill your house. Serve on a bun, top with a slaw, and enjoy with a nice cold Coca-Cola.
2022 Back To School Recipe SS
1. Wash hands with soap and running water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk Coca-Cola, garlic, jalapeño, pineapple with its juice, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha and ginger; add chicken and onion. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
4. Cover and cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit and shreds easily.
5. Transfer chicken to large bowl; shred with 2 forks. Transfer shredded chicken back to slow cooker and stir to combine; cover and keep warm for serving. Makes about 5 cups.
6. In medium bowl, toss cabbage, mayonnaise, cilantro and salt. Makes about 3 cups.
7. Serve chicken mixture in buns topped with cabbage mixture.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat (g) 11 g
Cholesterol (mg) 67 mg
Sodium (mg) 841 mg
Carbohydrates (g) 33 g
Fiber (g) 2 g
Protein (g) 28 g