- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine ground beef, onion and garlic. Wash hands after handling raw beef.
- Cook mixture for 6 minutes or until beef is cooked to a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with the back of a spoon; drain.
- Return pan with beef to stove and add sloppy joe mix, water, tomato sauce and tomato paste; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes or until heated through; stir in carrots.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sour cream and cheese.
- Spoon beef mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish and top with mashed potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered until the pie is heated through and cheese is golden at the edges, about 20 minutes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 330, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 1540mg, Carbohydrates: 37g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 22g