Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 6 Minutes
March/April 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. Thaw frozen shrimp according to package directions. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw shrimp.
4. Skewer shrimp and place in a shallow pan. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw shrimp. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons oil and garlic. Brush all over shrimp.
5. Coat a grill grate or grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
6. Place shrimp skewers on grill (or in pan) and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until flesh is pearly and opaque. Let cool slightly before removing from skewers; keep warm.
7. Place tortillas on the grill (or grill pan) and cook for 30 seconds on each side. Remove and keep warm.
8. In a large bowl, combine onion, jalapeño, tomatoes and cilantro. Add lime juice, remaining oil and salt and pepper and toss to combine well.
9. Assemble tacos with shrimp, salsa, avocado and tomatoes.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 17g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 27g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more visit https://www.fightbac.org/