Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 Minutes
Make taco night extraordinary with these deliciously simple grilled shrimp tacos. Season the shrimp and grill on skewers until done. Then serve in tortillas with a quick and easy homemade salsa and garlic sauce. Fun, full of flavor and satisfying, these tacos will be a definite crowd pleaser.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, garlic, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2. In a large bowl, combine onion, jalapeno, tomato, avocado and cabbage. Add lime juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and salt and pepper and toss to combine well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Place shrimp in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil and salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat well, place shrimp on skewers.
4. Preheat grill to high. After 15 minutes, reduce to medium.
5. Place shrimp skewers on grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Place some vegetable mixture, a few shrimp and some cilantro in each of the tortillas.
6. Serve with garlic sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 290 (Calories from Fat: 108)
Total Fat: 12g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 24g (Dietary Fiber: 3g