1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Pour the rice into a fine strainer, rinse thoroughly with cold water and leave to drain. (Note: This step is very important to hydrate the rice and prevent it from sticking to the pan.)
4. In a deep pan, heat olive oil and sauté onion, garlic and celery over medium heat until onions are translucent.
5. Add rice. Stir gently and cook until rice becomes slightly transparent.
6. Pour in stock, white wine and lemon juice. Cover pan and cook on a gentle rolling boil for 15 minutes. Do not remove lid while cooking.
7. Add shrimp and cook for additional 3 minutes or until the shrimp are pearly and opaque.
8. Stir in olives and feta and season with freshly ground salt and black pepper.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!