Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 9 Minutes
May is Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, honoring the contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Americans to our country. It's a great opportunity to learn more about AAPI history and celebrate by preparing some of these Asian and Pacific Islander-inspired recipes for your lunch or dinner.
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion, chili pepper and curry paste and sauté for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in sugar and sauté for 15 seconds.
5. Add bell pepper and shrimp and sauté for 4 minutes or until the flesh is pearly and opaque; wash hands with soap and water after handling raw shrimp.
6. Stir in coconut milk and fish sauce and cook for 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
7. Serve in a bowl over rice and garnished with green onions.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 8g
Sodium: 1 530mg
Total Carbohydrates 35g
Dietary Fiber: 3g