Shrimp Curry with Rice
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 9 Minutes
May 2023 Dig In Recipe May is Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, honoring the contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islander Americans to our country. It's a great opportunity to learn more about AAPI history and celebrate by preparing some of these Asian and Pacific Islander-inspired recipes for your lunch or dinner.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion, chili pepper and curry paste and saute for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in sugar and saute for 15 seconds.
5. Add bell pepper and shrimp and saute until flesh is pearly and opaque, about 4 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw shrimp.
6. Stir in coconut milk and fish sauce and cook until thoroughly heated, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
7. Serve in a bowl over rice and garnished with green onions.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 360, Total Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 214mg, Sodium: 1 530mg, Carbohydrates 35g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 28g