Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 7 Minutes
February 2022 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
4. Add red pepper, thyme, fennel seed, salt and pepper and cook for another minute.
5. Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Increase heat to medium, add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until shrimp’s flesh is pearly and opaque.
7. Stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 230 mg
Sodium 946 mg
Carbohydrates 40 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 26 g