Get inspired and watch Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods prepare this delicious recipe.
Seafood Supper Club Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Thaw shrimp fully before cooking, either for 24 hours in the refrigerator or under cold running water for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. In a large stock pot, combine water, vinegar and salt and bring to a boil on high heat.
5. Add shrimp and reduce heat to medium. Wash hands after handling raw seafood.
6. Cook until flesh is pearly and opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Once cooked, remove shrimp and submerge into ice water to stop cooking and avoid overcooking.
7. Allow to sit a couple minutes until completely chilled.
8. Remove shrimp from water and peel just before serving to ensure shrimp stay moist. Remove shell, except for the tail. Keep covered after peeling so shrimp do not dry out.
9. Serve with lemon wedges and preferred cocktail sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!