DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Soak skewers in water for 1 hour to prevent them from burning when on the grill.
2. In a food processor, add garlic, herbs, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, salt to taste and cayenne pepper; slowly add oil and pulse until a smooth paste forms. If needed, add a few tablespoons water to thin out the mixture.
3. Place shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag and add half of the herb mixture; seal and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise, then slice each half; place in a large bowl. Cut scallions in half, lengthwise and place in bowl with zucchini. Add half of the remaining herb mixture and toss to coat well.
5. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
6. Thread shrimp and zucchini onto skewers, alternating between each one. Place skewers and scallions on grill and cover. Grill for 3 minutes per side or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through and onions have grill marks. Serve drizzled with remaining herb mixture.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 196 (Calories from Fat: 81)
Total Fat: 9g (Saturated Fat: 1g)
Total Carbohydrates: 7g (Dietary Fiber: 2g