1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add chicken and sear for 4 minutes per side; transfer to a slow cooker. Add garlic, marinara sauce and salt and pepper to taste; toss to combine. Cover and cook for 5 hours on low. Remove from slow cooker and shred, using two forks. Return to slow cooker and toss to coat well.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Brush cut sides of rolls with butter mixture and place, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
6. Place some shredded chicken on bottom buns and top each with a slice of mozzarella. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese starts to melt. Top with a few basil leaves and top buns and serve.
*Need to make a meal fast? You can substitute rotisserie chicken for the chicken thighs. Cut up and shred the chicken and combine it with the garlic, marinara sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Place in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook for 12 minutes or until heated through.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 792 (Calories from Fat: 603)
Total Fat: 67g (Saturated Fat: 21g)
Total Carbohydrates: 28g (Dietary Fiber: 1g