1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Combine all the ingredients except parsley and steak in a food processor until finely chopped.
4. Add the parsley and pulse until a pesto-like consistency is reached. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
5. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the steak and chimichurri come to room temperature.
6. Generously season one side of the steak with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat until very hot, around 10 minutes.
7. Place the seasoned side of the steak down on the skillet and sear for 3 minutes. Season the top with salt and pepper, then flip it.
8. Sear for another 2 minutes and place in the oven for 10 minutes for medium-rare. Wash hands after handling raw meat.
9. Allow the meat to rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before cutting into it. Serve the steak with the Chimichurri sauce in a small ramekin, or add a dollop right on top.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!