Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 4 Minutes
Chinese New Year 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, honey and chili paste, set aside.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel and lightly brush both sides of scallops with sesame oil, season to taste with salt and pepper. Wash hands after handling raw scallops.
- In a shallow dish, combine sesame seeds and corn starch.
- Gently press tops and bottoms of scallops into the sesame seeds to adhere.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add scallops, sesame-crusted-side down. Wash hands after handling raw scallops.
- Sear for 2 minutes. Flip and sear until scallops are milky white, opaque and firm, about an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with hoisin ginger sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 277, Total Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 47mg, Sodium: 1,196mg, Carbohydrates: 21g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 27g