Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 4 Minutes
Chinese New Year 2023 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, honey and chili paste, set aside.
4. Pat scallops dry with paper towel and lightly brush both sides of scallops with sesame oil, season to taste with salt and pepper. Wash hands after handling raw scallops.
5. In a shallow dish, combine sesame seeds and corn starch. Gently press tops and bottoms of scallops into the sesame seeds to adhere.
6. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add scallops, sesame-crusted-side down. Wash hands after handling raw scallops.
7. Sear for 2 minutes. Flip and sear until scallops are milky white, opaque and firm, about an additional 2 minutes.
8. Serve immediately with hoisin ginger sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 277, Total Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 47mg, Sodium: 1,196mg, Carbohydrates: 21g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 27g