Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 11 to 13 Minutes
Feb/March 2018 Magazine
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 3 tablespoons oil.
4. Season scallops to taste with salt and pepper. Add to pan and sauté scallops until milk white, opaque and firm, about 2 minutes per side; transfer to a plate. Wash hands after handling raw scallops
5. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and add zucchini slices; cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until just begins to soften.
6. Add remaining oil and garlic to skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add orange juice, soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon orange zest and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, until sauce boils and thickens.
7. Serve scallops on zucchini slices topped with additional orange zest if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 314 (Calories from Fat: 108)
Total Fat: 12g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 16g (Dietary Fiber: 1g