Scrumptious Tofu Scramble
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Drain tofu, if you have a press, press tofu to remove more water. Alternatively, cut tofu into slices and pat dry with a clean dish towel or paper towels.
4. In a bowl, mash tofu with a fork to create crumbles.
5. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions, peppers, garlic and spices; cook until vegetables are softened.
6. Add tofu, nutritional yeast and milk and stir until heated through and yellow color from turmeric has been distributed.
7. Serve hot, sprinkled with optional shredded cheese, torn kale, scallions, and/or salsa and tortilla or toast on the side.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org