Scandinavian Potato Celery Root Gratin
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 4-quart baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil and butter. Once butter has melted, add garlic and leeks and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cream, mustard, half of both cheeses and salt and pepper to taste; whisk until cheese melts. Remove from heat, stir in a quarter of the remaining cheese and let cool slightly.
5. Pick up 4 potatoes, organizing them into a neat stack, and place them in the prepared dish with their edges aligned vertically; add a celery root half. Continue placing potatoes and celery root in dish, working around the perimeter and into the center until all potatoes and celery root have been added. Insert red pepper in between the potatoes. Vegetables should be very tightly packed. Pour cream mixture over top and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is pale golden brown, about 30 minutes. Carefully remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake until deep golden brown and crisp on top, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 593 (Calories from Fat: 351)
Total Fat: 39g (Saturated Fat: 23g)
Total Carbohydrates: 43g (Dietary Fiber: 4g