Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 to 17 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add noodles and cook according to package instructions until al dente, drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add garlic and shallots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Add lemon juice, wine and chicken broth and let simmer for 1 minute.
5. Add clams, increase heat to medium-high, cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until clams begin to open, discard any that did not open. Stir in 3 tablespoons butter until incorporated.
6. Remove from heat and keep warm. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
7. In another large skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining oil and butter.
8. Add scallops and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until deeply browned and opaque in the center, add to skillet with clams.
9. Add reserved cooking water to noodles and toss to loosen noodles.
10. Serve noodles with scallops and clams and garnished with scallions.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 517 (Calories from Fat: 162)
Total Fat: 18g (Saturated Fat: 7g)
Total Carbohydrates: 32g (Dietary Fiber: 1g