Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 30-60 Minutes; Grill 8-12 Minutes
Kabobs are a time-honored grilling standby, and with good reason. They’re simple to prepare, easy to cook and always delicious. Our salmon kabobs take grilling food on a stick to a whole new level. The succulent salmon has a slightly sweet yet little spicy kick from the marinade. Serve it will a crispy salad for a quick-fired, crowd-pleasing meal.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Place salmon cubes in a large resealable plastic bag, set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour mixture over salmon, seal and shake to coat well, refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
4. Spray grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
5. Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
6. Remove salmon cubes from marinade and thread onto presoaked wooden skewers, discard used marinade.
7. Place skewers on grill, close lid and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
8. Serve sprinkle with parsley.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 254 (Calories from Fat: 126)
Total Fat: 14g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 5g (Dietary Fiber: 0g