DirectionsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine quinoa and water; let boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 12 minutes or until tender and water is absorbed; transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
4. In a medium skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add green onion, garlic and spinach and cook for 2 minutes; set aside and let cool completely.
5. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green onion mixture, potato flakes, cheese, parsley, eggs, hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Form mixture into 12 patties – mixture will be slightly sticky. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
6. Heat a frying pan and a couple tablespoons oil over medium heat. Fry for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
7. Serve with your favorite salad.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 72 mg
Sodium 197 mg
Carbohydrates 23 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugars. 1 g
Protein 9 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more