Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 33 to 39 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Roll out pie crust on a lightly floured surface to a 10-inch circle. Transfer to a non-stick tart pan with removable bottom; press onto bottom and up sides. Bake crust according to package instructions. Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon for 5 minutes or until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon drippings and return to medium heat; add butter. Once melted, add onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add squash and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly softened; remove from heat and let cool.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and salt and pepper to taste; pour into crust and top with cheese and bacon. Add squash mixture and beets.
5. Bake tart for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve garnished with rosemary and additional red onion slices if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 401 (Calories from Fat: 270)
Total Fat: 30g (Saturated Fat: 14g)
Total Carbohydrates: 20g (Dietary Fiber: 1g