Cooking Time: 2 hours
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Line a sieve with cheesecloth and place over a medium bowl. Place yogurt in sieve. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
4. In a small bowl, combine cucumber and salt; cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
5. Transfer drained yogurt to a large bowl. Add in sour cream, lemon juice, dill and garlic.
6. Squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible from the cucumber and stir into yogurt mixture; season with pepper. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
7. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Add 1/3 of the pierogi and sauté for 4 minutes, turning over once.
9. Transfer to a large platter and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.
10. Repeat with remaining butter and pierogi.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 106 (Calories from Fat: 45)
Total Fat: 5g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 12g (Dietary Fiber: 0g