Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 23 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
August 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add sausages and brown for 5 minutes, turning once or twice. Wash hands after handling raw meat.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until internal temperature of sausages reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer. Drain on paper towels and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Chop 5 sausages to use for this dish. Allow remaining 5 links to cool and reserve for Sausage & Peppers Sub recipe.
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add chopped sausage, chicken broth, garlic and asparagus; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add basil, salt and pepper; cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta and oil; stir in sausage mixture. Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 61g
Dietary Fiber: 3g