Sausage, Apple and Sage Stuffing
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Place stale bread cubes in a large bowl; set aside.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add sausage meat and cook, crumbling with a spoon. Wash hands after handling raw sausage.
5. Once sausage begins to brown, add butter, celery, onion, apple, sage and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often, or until vegetables are tender; stir in broth and remove from heat.
6. Pour over bread cubes and stir until bread is well moistened.
7. Spoon stuffing mixture into a greased 3½-quart casserole dish and cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and it has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 359 (Calories from Fat: 153)
Total Fat: 17g (Saturated
Total Carbohydrates: 37g (Dietary Fiber: 2g