Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 18 Minutes
Watch this recipe being prepared
October 2022 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add potatoes, onion, garlic, green chil pepper and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes or until onions are softened.
4. Stir in turmeric, chili powder, chicken and salt. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
5. Cook for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
6. Stir in garam masala and lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes; remove from heat.
7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
8. On a lightly floured surface, unfold each puff pastry. Cut each into 9 equal rectangles.
9. Place about 1 tablespoon of filling in center of each rectangle. Dip a pastry brush in water and wet one long side and one short side of each rectangle. Fold over to create a triangle and pinch edges to seal. Place samosas on prepared baking sheets. Wash hands after handling raw egg and dough.
10. Bake for 18 minutes until golden brown.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 15g
Dietary Fiber: 1g