Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 1 Hour; Cook 10 to 12 Minutes
Spring has sprung and that means a wealth of fresh flavors and seasonal ingredients to make your taste buds wake up out of winter hibernation. Asparagus, fresh dill, lemon and salmon come together in this crowd-pleasing, tasty dish.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Place salmon fillets in a shallow glass dish.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, dill, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour marinade over salmon, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Snap tough ends off asparagus.
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and plunge asparagus into a large bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking. Drain asparagus thoroughly and transfer to a large bowl, toss with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Coat indoor or outdoor grill with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
7. Add salmon and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
8. Serve with asparagus.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 244(Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 5g (Dietary Fiber: 2g