Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 23 Minutes
August/September 2019 Dig In Recipe
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a medium saucepan, add both peppers and tomato. Cover with enough water to just cover vegetables. Place over medium-high heat and boil for 10 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon to cool and reserve ¼ cup of the water.
2. Once cool, cut peppers in half and discard half of the seeds. Place peppers and tomato into blender. Add avocados, lime juice, garlic, 3 tablespoons olive oil and reserved water. Blend for 3 minutes or until creamy. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Using a sharp knife, finely chop salmon fillets and place in a large bowl.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, add remaining oil. Once hot, add shallots, kale and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes or until kale is wilted and tender. Transfer to the bowl with salmon along with quinoa, mustard, seafood seasoning and egg and mix to combine; form into 6 patties.
5. Generously coat a skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add salmon patties and cook for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve on rolls with arugula and avocado cream.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 441 (Calories from Fat: 225)
Total Fat: 25g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 33g (Dietary Fiber: 4g