Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 10 Minutes
May June 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a small bowl, combine milk, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper; set aside.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain, set aside.
5. While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add shallots, garlic and peas and sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
6. Whisk in flour until well blended. Gradually whisk in milk mixture and bring to a gentle boil; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. If the sauce seems too thick, gradually add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
7. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Toss in cooked salmon, bacon and pasta and stir to combine. Serve immediately, garnished with chives and Parmesan cheese.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 484
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Total Carbohydrates: 66g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Calcium: 13% Daily Value