- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup onion, egg white, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Firmly shape into 6 oval patties. Wash hands after handling raw beef and egg.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook patties for 4 minutes per side or until beef is cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer. Remove patties from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add gravy, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms and remaining onion; heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Return patties to pan, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- While patties are simmering, in a large pot over medium-high heat, boil potato and cauliflower in water for 12 minutes or until tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add cheese, margarine and garlic and using a potato masher, mash mixture to desired consistency. Mix in sour cream, salt and pepper. Serve patties with cauliflower mash.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 27g
Total Fiber 5g,