- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat,create rosemary syrup. Combine sugar, water and 10 rosemary sprigs. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes or until room temperature.
- Remove and discard rosemary sprigs and strain mixture through a fine sieve. Makes about 1 cup syrup. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for use up to 2 weeks.
- To make the drink, fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add grapefruit juice, gin and rosemary syrup; shake to combine flavors. Strain into glass; add tonic and ice.
- Serve garnished with grapefruit slice and rosemary sprig.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!