Dietitians' Pick! Fueled Up for Fall- Eggs and Root Vegetables.
Think outside the stew and mashes thanks to Pete & Gerry’s Organic Eggs and turn root veggies into crispy, savory, kid-friendly family favorites any season of the year.
One time, experiment with carrots, potatoes, turnips and beets; Another, combine sweet potatoes, winter squash, celery root and parsnips— the choice is yours!
Tip from the pros at Pete & Gerry’s: Serve with a dollop of sour cream, applesauce or ketchup alongside their delicious eggs for breakfast or brinner.
Check out more creative recipes at https://www.peteandgerrys.com/egg-recipes.
DirectionsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce prior to prepping.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with flour, salt and pepper. Add grated vegetables and onion and toss to mix thoroughly.
4. Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet, until it shimmers slightly.
5. Carefully lower egg and vegetable mixture, in 1/4-cup spoonfuls, into oil and use a fork to spread and flatten slightly.
6. Cook root vegetable pancakes until golden brown on bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Serve hot or warm.
Nutrition FactsCalories: 310