Root Vegetable Gratin
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Grease a 9-inch gratin baking dish with butter.
5. Stir together cream, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spoon 2 tablespoons of cream mixture into bottom of the buttered pan.
6. Sprinkle 1/2 ounce Kerrygold Reserve Cheddar cheese on top of cream in pan. Set aside.
7. Place sweet potatoes, parsnips and beets into individual bowls.
8. Pour 2 tablespoons cream mixture over sweet potatoes. Add 1/2 ounce cheddar and stir to combine. Repeat with parsnips.
9. Add 1 tablespoon cream mixture over beets. Add 1/2 ounce cheddar and stir to combine.
10. Stack potatoes upright in a row, down the middle of the gratin dish. Repeat with parsnips and beets on either sides of potatoes.
11. Pour any remaining cream mixture over vegetables. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour.
12. Remove foil, sprinkle gratin with remaining 1 1/2 ounces cheddar and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft and cooked through.
13. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!