Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
November/December 2022 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, water, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring to combine. Set aside next to stove.
- In a medium-large saucepan over medium-low heat add pecans. Toast for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Quickly drizzle sugar mixture on top of pecans and stir constantly until pecans are thoroughly coated. Immediately spread pecans out on a piece of parchment to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, cayenne pepper and remaining cinnamon and salt. Add squash and toss to coat; place in a large baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Add marshmallows and pecans and continue baking for 5 minutes or until marshmallows just start to melt.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Calories: 168, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 85mg, Total Carbohydrates: 19g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 8g, Protein: 2g