Roasted Squash with Marshmallows & Candied Pecans
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce.
3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, water, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring to combine. Set aside next to stove.
4. In a medium-large saucepan over medium-low heat add pecans. Toast for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
5. Quickly drizzle sugar mixture on top of pecans and stir constantly until pecans are thoroughly coated. Immediately spread pecans out on a piece of parchment to cool.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. In a large bowl, combine butter, cayenne pepper and remaining cinnamon and salt. Add squash and toss to coat; place in a large baking dish.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Add marshmallows and pecans and continue baking for 5 minutes or until marshmallows just start to melt.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 168, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 85mg, Total Carbohydrates: 19g, Dietary Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 8g, Protein: 2g