1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil.
5. Add parsnips to water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and allow parsnips to cool slightly.
6. Lightly toss parsnips in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and roast in oven for 15 minutes.
7. Remove parsnips from oven and lightly coat in maple syrup. Roast 3 to 5 more minutes, being careful not to burn.
8. Transfer to serving dish and enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!