Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 35 minutes
Dig In Magazine April/May 2018
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add sausage and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until just browned; transfer to a plate and let cool. Once cool, cut into slices.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a large bowl, combine sliced sausage, chili peppers, onion and garlic. Add remaining oil and salt and pepper to taste; toss to coat well.
6. Spread mixture out onto a large baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes, turning halfway through, or until sausage is cooked through and peppers are nicely charred.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Per Serving Calories: 391 (Calories from Fat: 225)
Total Fat: 25g (Saturated Fat: 5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 20g (Dietary Fiber: 9g