Get inspired and watch Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods prepare this delicious recipe.
Seafood Seafood Supper Club Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Prepare pickled veggies by placing onions and cucumbers into separate containers, just large enough to hold them.
4. In a separate bowl, combine rice wine vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Stir until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
5. Pour brine over onions and cucumbers until just covered. Store in fridge.
6. Prepare the hummus dressing by mixing hummus, olive oil and just enough water to turn it into a milkshake consistency in a medium bowl. Add fresh lemon juice, if desired. Store in fridge.
7. Pat salmon portions dry of any excess moisture with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
8. Heat enough canola oil to coat the bottom of a medium saute pan over medium high heat until shimmering, but not smoking.
9. Add salmon to pan. If salmon does not sizzle when added, remove briefly to let the oil heat further. Wash hands after handling raw fish.
10. Let salmon cook for 3 to 4 minutes without disturbing, then flip.
11. Cook until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified by an instant-read food thermometer, about 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
12. Add all salad components to a large mixing bowl. Mix in pickled vegetables to taste. Drizzle with some of the pickling liquid as a dressing and mix well.
13. To plate, spread some hummus dressing on a plate. Add a large spoonful of mixed salad on top of the hummus. Top with a portion of salmon. Garnish with fresh lemon juice if desired and enjoy.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!