DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 regular-sized muffin tins with cupcake liners; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cocoa powder, milk, egg whites, egg, melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and food coloring; mix well.
3. Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling them three-quarters full. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and firm in the center and light golden brown on top; let cool.
4. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter for 7 minutes or until light and fluffy and color is very pale. Add powdered sugar, cream and remaining vanilla and beat on low speed until combined, scraping down sides of bowl. Increase speed to medium and beat for 5-6 minutes or until light and fluffy.
5. Frost cupcakes using a piping bag with an open star piping tip and decorate as desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 375 (Calories from Fat: 189)
Total Fat: 21g (Saturated Fat: 12g)
Total Carbohydrates: 47g (Dietary Fiber: 1g