Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 16 Minutes, Chill 30 Minutes
November/December 2020 Dig In Magazine
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, sugar and almond extract, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low add flour and beat until well mixed, scraping bowl often. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb and fill each indentation with some jam.
4. Bake for 16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned; let cool slightly then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth. Add more cream, a little at a time, to thin out or more powdered sugar, a little at a time, to thicken to your desired consistency.
6. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let glaze set a couple hours before serving.
7. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 123 (Calories from Fat: 54)
Total Fat: 6g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 17g (Dietary Fiber: 0g