Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 17 Minutes
April/May 2020 Dig In Recipe
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a large baking sheet and line with parchment; set aside.
2. Divide popcorn into 5 bowls.
3. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine 2 tablespoons butter and 1½ tablespoons corn syrup. Add ¼ cup sugar, ½ tablespoon water and 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin mix. Cook for 7 minutes or until mixture starts to simmer and sugar dissolves, stirring often. Remove from heat and add a few drops red food coloring if desired to brighten color.
4. Carefully pour mixture over one of the bowls of popcorn, tossing to coat well. Spread popcorn out, in a single layer, onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring popcorn halfway through baking.
5. Turn popcorn out onto a piece of parchment and spread it out slightly. Allow to cool completely and break up any clumps. 6. Repeat process 4 more times with remaining ingredients.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 111 (Calories from Fat: 45)
Total Fat: 5g (Saturated Fat: 2g)
Total Carbohydrates: 17g (Dietary Fiber: 0g