Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 32 Minutes
March/April 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. In a shaker jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, scallions, garlic, mustard and salt and pepper to taste; cover and shake until well blended. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
4. Coat one side of grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium. Season squash slices to taste with salt and pepper. Place on coated grill side, cover and grill for 10 minutes. Flip, cover and grill for 7 minutes. During last 7 minutes of grilling, place beets and chili peppers in a grill basket and grill for 5 minutes; remove and let cool.
5. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine quinoa and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff quinoa with a fork and let sit for 5 minutes.
6. In a large serving bowl combine grilled vegetables, quinoa, walnuts and cheese. Add half the oil mixture and toss to coat. Serve with remaining oil mixture if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 21g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 32g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more