Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Pumpkin (even from a can) is very nutritious. Why not blend it into a delicious cake mix! It is a great way to get your kids to like pumpkin flavors.
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8x8-inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl combine oil and pumpkin puree.
4. Add room temperature egg, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until combined. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
6. Frosting: Combine cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and spread gently on cake.
Nutrition FactsCalories: 150
Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 320 mg
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 2 g